Monday, December 17, 2007

The Long Run

I am currently training for the AT&T Marathon in Austin, Texas on February 17, 2008. It will be my first marathon and yesterday morning was my longest and coldest run to date, 23 miles. I was dreading this run because I knew it was going to be cold. I had to start early because I needed to be home by 10. I woke up around 5, checked the weather, it was 27 degrees, put on several layers of cloths and headed out to Brushy Creek Park for my run. Now 27 degreees might not seem very cold too many of you, but I have lived in Texas for over 20 years and this was my first experience running in cold weather. Three weeks ago when it was cold I ran my 20 miles on a treadmill…..

To help keep me warm and motivated during the run I listened to In Transit: 2 Triathletes Take on the World with Elizabeth and Cara, thanks for the company, keep up the good work. And yes I did add myself to your Frappr Map.

Besides learning that Yes, I can run in the cold weather I also discovered that my IPhone touch screen does not respond very well to gloves. I did though become pretty proficient at using my nose to select podcast episodes……

No comments: