Thursday, March 6, 2008

Marathon Results

Well, it has been several weeks since the AT&T marathon..It did not turn out the way I had planned. My goal was a 3:45, but I was not even close. I cramped up at about 15 miles and basically walked the last 11 miles and ended up crossing the finish line at 4:47.
I just uploaded my data from my Garmin and have just taken my first look at it. I was at 1:50 at the half, just hanging with the 3:40 pace group, my heart rate was in check and I felt very good. It looks like at 15.3 miles I started walking. I would periodicaly stop and stretch, then try to jog some more, but I could not get rid of the cramps in my legs. I remember at about 22 miles I was going to stop, but I had come so far, I figured that I could make it the last 4 miles, plus I wanted to get the finisher shirt......
Even though it did not turn out as I had planned, I was happy to finish. My half marathon time at 1:50 was 22 minutes faster than the half marathon that I ran about 4 years ago.
I signed up for and trained for the marathon because the run leg of Tri's were very poor in my first 2 triathlons last year. I do feel like I am much more of a "runner" now then before training for the marathon. I will see how this translates to the run leg of my triathlons in 2008.

No comments: